Laser Skin Rejuvenation Palo Alto
Laser facial resurfacing is a nonsurgical procedure to remove the superficial layers of the skin on your face. This allows the growth of new, wrinkle-free skin. Laser skin resurfacing can be an effective treatment for reducing the appearance of mild scarring or fine wrinkles caused by sun damage.
Who is a candidate?
- Fine or course wrinkles of the skin—usually on the face.
- An uneven skin surface as a result of acne scarring or small skin growths.
- Areas of hyper-pigmentation (age spots).
- Smoother, more even-toned skin that looks younger.
- The procedure is usually done on an outpatient basis under local or general anesthesia.
- The pulsed laser removes the superficial layers of the skin in such a way that the depth of the treatment is extremely controlled and predictable.
- The laser treatment also tightens the skin.
Recuperation and Healing
- You will be sent home with specific written instructions. Depending on which areas of the face are resurfaced, the treated areas may be covered with ointment and possibly dressing material.
- The treatment postoperatively will prevent formation of a crust or scab. Healing will be complete in seven to 10 days.
- Redness (pink color) will usually last from one to six months.
- Makeup can be worn once healing is complete (typically in seven to 10 days).
Other facial cosmetic procedures that enhance the effect include blepharoplasty (eyelid lift), face lift, rhinoplasty, and cheek implants.
Because this procedure is considered cosmetic, it is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.
The specific risks and the suitability of this cosmetic procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.