Neck Lift Palo Alto
Having a fleshy “turkey” neck can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. A neck lift, or submental lipectomy, rejuvenates the appearance of your neck by reducing fullness, as well as sagging that can occur due to inherited neck characteristics or the effects of aging.
Who is a candidate?
- Have localized deposits of fat in the anterior part of the neck (under the chin).
- Have muscle laxity only under the chin.
- Have sagging with skin folds in the anterior part of the neck (under chin only).
- A more youthful looking neck, with a better contour.
- The cosmetic procedure is done on an outpatient basis under sedation and local or general anesthesia.
- The procedure requires an incision under the chin.
- Depending on individual needs, fat is suctioned or directly excised, muscles are tightened, and a small amount of skin may be removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- Patients go home with their chins and necks wrapped in dressings or in elastic neck slings.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Swelling and bruising disappear over approximately two weeks.
- The final result is evident in one to two months.
Cosmetic procedures that may enhance the result are face lift, liposuction, and chin augmentation.
Because a neck lift is considered cosmetic, it is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.
The specific risks and the suitability of a neck lift for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications resulting from a neck lift are unusual.