Brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, can be used to:
- Eliminate horizontal lines and creases from the forehead
- Smooth the space in between the eyebrows
- Lift the brows into a more alert position
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your forehead and would like more information about the brow lift procedure, please call Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery at 650-934-7020 to schedule your initial consultation.
Forehead Lift Options
There are two primary brow lift techniques:
- Corneal brow lift - the corneal brow lift requires an incision just behind the hairline, from ear to ear. This allows for maximum lift and the most noticeable results, making it best for people with pronounced creases and heavily sagging brows. Historically, this technique has been the most common.
- Endoscopic brow lift - the endoscopic brow lift is completed through several tiny incisions made just above the hairline. Using an endoscope and special surgical equipment, the brow and underlying tissue are gently lifted during this procedure to smooth skin and lift eyebrows.
Small modifications can be made to either technique to allow for personal factors such as receding hairlines. During your initial consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons, we can discuss this in more detail to help you plan appropriately for your forehead lift.
Brow Lift Candidates
To be a good candidate for a brow lift, you will need to be in generally good health. This includes not smoking. If you are a smoker, you will be required to quit all nicotine products at least six weeks prior to surgery. Nicotine is a vascular constrictor; even smokeless tobacco and e-cigarettes increase risks for delayed healing, infection, and thick, noticeable scars.
In addition to being a nonsmoker in generally good health, ideal forehead lift candidates should be:
- Aware of all potential risks and complications
- Prepared to take time off to rest
- Able to take time from work, family, and social responsibilities
- Willing to follow all of our pre and post-operative instructions
We will provide you with all of the information and tools needed to recover comfortably and safely. Failure to follow our directions increases risks for complications and may result in unsatisfactory results.
The best candidates for any plastic surgery procedures are people who are willing to take all appropriate steps to protect their health and happiness before, during, and after their procedure.
During your initial consultation at our Los Altos office, we will listen carefully to your concerns before fully assessing all of your problem areas. As we plan your procedure, we will also provide you with information on how to prepare, including how to make a comfortable space for recovery to help you make the most of your experience.
Why Choose Us
Every single surgeon at Altos Oaks is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This means that all of our surgeons have completed the additional training, residencies, fellowships, and testing required by this nationally recognized certifying board - enabling us to better protect your health and happiness. Further steps towards these ends include only performing procedures in AAAHC accredited surgical facilities where qualified medical professionals are on hand to monitor and assist our surgeons as needed.
Caring, professional, highly trained, and trusted, our board-certified plastic surgeons are here to guide you towards the best procedure and to provide you the information you need to make the right decisions for your body.
Please call us at 650-934-7020 to schedule a consultation at Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery. We serve the South Bay area, including Palo Alto, San Jose, Mountain View, and Santa Clara.