At Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery, we use the most advanced technology and techniques to achieve a wide range of aesthetic goals. Intense pulsed light (IPL) is a safe and effective way to correct a variety of facial skin conditions involving discoloration and poor texture.
To find out if this innovative approach to skin care is right for you, please call us today at 650-934-7020 to meet with an IPL specialist. We proudly serve the Silicon Valley and Bay Area, including Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose and San Francisco, California.
What Is an IPL Photofacial?
IPL photofacial is an advanced laser skin rejuvenation procedure that harnesses the power of intense pulsed light (IPL) to correct an array of facial skin issues. The completely safe and effective procedure can treat a variety of skin blemishes while stimulating the production of your skin’s natural collagen, keeping your skin looking refreshed and youthful.
Benefits of IPL Photofacial Treatment
IPL photofacials improve the overall appearance of your skin by treating a variety of pigmentation and vascular imperfections such as:
- Spider veins
- Age spots
- Sun spots
- Sun-induced freckles
- Broken capillaries
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Skin texture
- Actinic keratoses
Should I Consider an IPL Photofacial?
If the effects of age, genetics or sun exposure have affected the appearance of your skin, an IPL photofacial can help you restore your confidence and youthful beauty.
At Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery, we strive to offer treatments that meet the unique needs of all our patients. During your consultation, we will work to understand your goals, assess the condition of your skin and carefully explain all of your skin rejuvenation options.
During this personal discussion, your candidacy for IPL treatment will be evaluated. Generally speaking, you may be a good candidate for a photofacial if you:
- Are in good overall health
- Do not currently take any facial medications
- Are not pregnant
- Have realistic expectations
The IPL Photofacial Procedure
IPL Photofacials are quick procedures with minimal discomfort. Typically, your procedure will follow the following steps:
- Preparation: Your skin is cleaned and a topical cream or gel is applied to your face. Your eyes are covered with protective glasses or eye shields.
- IPL treatment: Intense pulsed light is applied to your targeted treatment areas. You will feel a warm sensation as the light affects your skin, but will not experience any pain or serious discomfort.
- After treatment: Depending on the sensitivity of your skin, you may experience mild swelling or flushing for up to 24 hours after your treatment.
- Recovery: The natural healing process varies from patient to patient, and a normal recovery period could last anywhere from two to five days. You can expect to see a significant improvement in your overall skin texture and discoloration within a week of treatment. You will be provided with detailed instructions on how to best facilitate a rapid and effective recovery and what to expect depending on the nature of your treatment.
Some cases may require multiple treatment sessions to achieve optimal results. Generally, the more significant your skin condition, the more treatments will be necessary.
Contact Our IPL Specialists For A Consultation In Los Altos!
If you are interested in learning more about IPL photofacial treatment, please contact Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery today at 650-934-7020. Or, you can fill out our contact form by clicking here! We welcome patients from the Silicon Valley and Bay Area, including Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose and San Francisco, California.