A woman’s breasts are more than just another aspect of her anatomy; they are integral components of her femininity and self-confidence. If your breasts are the cause of any form of physical or emotional discomfort, the board-certified plastic surgeons at Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery can help you achieve the beautifully contoured shape you desire.
Through surgical expertise, compassionate patient-focused care and advanced technology, including a 3D imaging system to help you picture your results before treatment, we can enhance, enlarge and lift your breasts according to your unique goals.
To learn more about any of the breast surgery options offered at Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery, please contact us today online or at 650-934-7020 to schedule a free consultation. We proudly serve the Silicon Valley and Bay Area, including Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose and San Francisco, California.
This page provides a comprehensive overview of our surgical breast procedures and other valuable information, including:
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift (mastopexy)
- Breast lift with augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast surgery for men
- Why choose Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery for your breast procedure?
- Schedule your free breast surgery consultation today
Breast augmentation can enhance or restore your overall appearance, helping you reveal the vivacious, youthful, voluptuous woman within you. Using breast implants to enlarge the size of your breasts, breast augmentation is a popular surgical procedure that can:
- Increase the size of your breasts
- Correct breast asymmetry
- Provide more attractive cleavage
- Restore lost volume due to weight loss
- Correct mild sagging
- Improve the shape of your breasts
- Increase the firmness of your breasts
After breast augmentation surgery, you may also enjoy new wardrobe options and feel more confident and beautiful when wearing lingerie or a bathing suit.
Options to Achieve the Right Breast Augmentation for You
Breast augmentation can be tailored to your specific goals and physical characteristics. There are a variety of options you can select to ensure your procedure provides the transformation you desire. These include:
- Breast implant size: Whether you want a completely natural look or a more enhanced appearance, the size and profile of your implants play a significant role in achieving your desired outcome. To help you choose the breast implant that best suits your goals and frame, our board-certified plastic surgeons will work closely with you to understand your goals, explain all of your options and help you visualize your outcome in advance through a state-of-the-art 3D imaging system.
- Type of breast implant: While there are different varieties of each, breast implants are either saline or silicone-based. Both types of implants can provide beautiful results and achieve an outcome that is natural-looking and proportionate to your frame. Both saline and silicone come with unique advantages and considerations. Your surgeon will explain the pros and cons of each type of implant to help you choose an option that is best suited for your goals and lifestyle.
- Incision location: The three common incision locations for breast augmentation are under your breasts (inframmary), around your nipple (areolar) or in your armpit (transaxillary). A number of considerations must be taken into account when determining the ideal incision for your breast enlargement surgery. Your breast surgeon will recommend and explain the option that is best for you.
- Breast implant placement: There are two breast implant placement options: subglandular and submuscular. Subglandular placement involves placing the implant behind your breast tissue and over the chest muscle, while with submuscular placement, the implant is placed beneath the chest muscle. Your physician will explain these options and recommend the best approach for your surgery.
It’s important to understand that although breast augmentation can enhance the size of your breasts and improve the appearance of mild sagging, it is not effective for addressing moderate to severe sagging. In order to properly correct sagging issues, a breast lift is likely necessary.
One of the biggest decisions our breast surgeons may help you with is the choice of combining a breast lift with your breast augmentation to achieve the best possible outcome of your surgery.
Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
If you’d like to improve the contour, position or overall appearance of your breasts, a breast lift, also known as mastopexy, may be your ideal solution. Breasts lifts are commonly recommended when a patient’s breasts have lost their youthful elasticity as the result of age, genetics, pregnancy or weight fluctuations.
You may consider a breast lift if you experience:
- Sagging, elongated breasts
- Fallen nipple position
- Enlarged areolas
- Deflated, flattened breast appearance
Breast Lift Incision Options
A breast lift is performed by making incisions around your breasts. The type of incision made is dependent upon the characteristics of your breasts. There are a number of incision techniques that can be implemented to achieve a perkier, more appealing look, including:
- Circumareolar: Also known as a Benelli incision, this method is the least invasive option and leaves a less conspicuous scar. For this approach, circular incisions are made around the areola. Excess skin is removed and remaining tissue is lifted over the breast mound.
- Lollipop: In addition to the incision made around the areola, a vertical incision is made which extends to the crease of the breast. This method is ideal for women who experience moderate sagging.
- Anchor: This incision involves the basic elements of a lollipop incision, with the addition of horizontal incisions along the breast crease. This option produces the most dramatic results and is ideal for women with larger breasts and significant sagging.
The ideal incision method for your mastopexy will depend on your goals and anatomical features. Our skilled breast surgeons will tailor your procedure to compliment your unique attributes and expectations to deliver the most attractive results possible.
Breast Lift with Augmentation
Many of the factors that contribute to sagging breasts can also cause a loss of symmetry and volume. Likewise, achieving fuller breasts through breast augmentation will not address sagging issues.
In these cases, our breast surgeon may recommend combining a breast lift with breast augmentation to deliver the best possible outcome. This is a particularly effective approach to creating a stunningly beautiful appearance and is often completed as part of comprehensive mommy makeover.
Many women suffer from the discomfort and distress that accompanies large, heavy breasts. Breast reduction surgery helps to alleviate many of the burdens that women with oversized breasts often endure, such as:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Restricted activity
- Chafing below the breast
- Bra straps that dig into skin
- Unwanted attention
In addition to uncomfortable physical conditions, large breasts can also cause women to feel overweight, unattractive and self-conscious. If you can relate to the problems associated with having a large bosom, breast reduction surgery may be your ideal solution.
Breast Surgery for Men
Derived from the Greek words meaning “womanly breasts,” gynecomastia is a source of embarrassment for thousands of men across the country. The condition can be caused by weight gain, genetics and even certain medications. Regardless of the cause, the results of gynecomastia are the same and can lead to poor self-confidence and low self-esteem in men who suffer from the condition.
Much like a woman’s breast reduction procedure, male breast reduction surgery involves the removal of fat or breast tissue with liposuction or other surgical methods.
Why Choose Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery for Your Breast Procedure?
At Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery, we combine the meticulous skill and expertise of board-certified plastic surgeons; advanced, state-of-the-art technology; and a commitment to individualized care to deliver an unparalleled patient experience. Our patient-focused approach to breast surgery is based on the belief that there is never a one-size-fits-all solution to plastic procedures.
Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) signifies that our plastic surgeons have gone above and beyond to demonstrate their skill, experience and knowledge in the field of plastic surgery. Unfortunately, many physicians take weekend courses to obtain various “board certificates” that have no link to the prestigious recognition of ABPS. It is important to understand the true qualifications of your surgeon to ensure you receive the highest levels of safety and care.
As with every treatment option we offer, your safety and satisfaction are paramount. Surgical procedures are performed in our onsite AAAHC-accredited surgical center. This recognition by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care signifies that our surgical facility meets the highest standards of patient safety and comfort. In addition, we only use board-certified MD anesthesiologists to ensure our procedures are conducted safely every time.
Patient education is a cornerstone of our patient-care philosophy. Our experienced and compassionate breast surgeons make it a priority to ensure you are aware of all the facts and options surrounding your individualized treatment plan. You will never feel pressured or rushed into making a decision.
Schedule Your Free Breast Surgery Consultation Today
If you live in or around the Silicon Valley and Bay Area, including Palo Alto, Mountain View, San Jose and San Francisco and are considering breast surgery, please contact Altos Oaks Plastic Surgery today by completing the form on this page or calling 650-934-7020 to schedule a free consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.